On Friday 13 December 2013, UNREC hosted an information session on the 68th General Assembly First Committee deliberations held during the latter half of October 2013 at UN Headquarters in New York. The event took place at the UNREC headquarters in Lomé, Togo and included representatives from embassies, international organizations, and Togolese government officials.
The Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), through the United Nations Regional Centre for Peace and Disarmament in Africa (UNREC) and the Biological Weapons Convention Implementation Support Unit (BWC-ISU), and with financial support from the European Union, organized with the governments of Benin and Burkina Faso two national workshops on the implementation of the BWC.
A Basic Guide is published by the United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs in collaboration with the NGO Committee on Disarmament, Peace and Security pursuant to the purposes of the United Nations Disarmament Information Programme (UNDIP). The book is aimed to inform, educate and generate public understanding of and support for multilateral action in the field of arms limitation and disarmament.
- High-level Meetings of the 68th Session of the General Assembly
- Security Council adopts first-ever resolution dedicated to question of small arms and light weapons
- Guinea-Bissau ratifies the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty
- Thirty-sixth ministerial meeting of UNSAC
- Secretary-General's report on small arms
- International Day Against Nuclear Tests
Page 1 of 12